You can update your event Details from the Details tab before your event is launched.
If you are entering the admin panel the first time to update your event details, see the instructions for editing event details here.
In this article, we will walk you through the Details tab of the admin panel. It's the place where your event details can be changed at any stage.
⚡️Note: Once your event has been launched to your audience, you'll need to consider a few points before making any changes.
Go to manager.brella.io and log in with your Brella account. You will see the side menu on the left. Click 'My event,' and you'll see your event name listed.
When you click on your event name on the admin panel, you'll land on the platform where you can start adding event-specific materials. Click on 'Details' to edit your basic details in the event.
If some terms are unfamiliar to you, you can read the definitions below.
Type of event
After the basic details of your just created event have been done, you can check whether the type of event selected is correct. For more information on this topic, visit this article.
Cover photo / Banner
Meeting area map
After making all your changes, click Save.
👉Remember: To create a new event, and receive admin rights, reach out to your dedicated CSM or email@example.com.
Definitions for Details tab
- Event name - how the event will be called in the Brella platform.
- Invite only - if you wish to use an invite-only join process, you can checkmark this field. You can read more about the invite-only join process here. If you don't need it, ignore this field and go to the next one.
- Join code - the join code is the code that your attendees use to join your event in Brella. Once you choose a join code, a join URL will be generated by default and found in the Overview tab. You can create the join code yourself. Below you can find some tips:
⚡ Warning: Once you have sent your join code to the attendees, please stick to that join code and not change that! Otherwise, you will need to inform your attendees about the updated join code.
- Convert the name of your conference into a short abbreviated word. For example, Unicorn Hunt Conference could be “unihuntcon” or “unicon.”
- You can also use the year of your event to distinguish the join codes - for example, Unicorn Hunt Conference taking place in 2018 could be “unicon2018”, in 2019, it could be “unicon2019”.
🔍 Note: If the join code you create is already used at a different event, the system won’t allow you to save the join code. Create a unique join code!
- Date - when your event starts. You can either choose it from the drop-down calendar or type it (the format is yyyy-mm-dd).
- Duration - how many days your event lasts. The maximum duration currently is 14 days.
- Time zone - it is imperative to choose your event's correct time zone since it will define when the attendees receive notifications from Brella. It also determines the current status of your event schedule. If you can’t find your city in the time zone list, please Google which time your city belongs. The correctly chosen time zone will adjust to Daylight Saving Time or Standard Time automatically.
- City - the city where your event takes place. This won’t be visible to attendees; this is only for your reference.
- Country - the country where your event takes place. This won’t be visible to attendees; this is only for your reference.
- Region - the region where your event takes place. This won’t be visible to attendees; this is only for your reference.
- Industry - the industry your event caters to. This won’t be visible to attendees; this is only for your reference.
- Virtual event - the type of event you are doing. Read more here about this field.
- Event logo (Wide)- your event logo for large screen resolutions.
- Event logo (Square)- your event logo for smaller screen resolutions.
- Cover (Banner) photo - this photo will be visible to your attendees. The recommended size is 940 x 360. You can adjust the size when you upload the photo.
- Meeting area map - is a map of the event venue if you have an in-person or hybrid event. While using Brella, attendees will be advised to refer to the “Meeting area map” to understand where they will have a 1:1 meeting. So if you have a map that doesn’t have a networking area indicated, please don’t put anything. If you have a map that cannot be uploaded as one screenshot (for example, if your venue has several stores), please upload the map section where the networking area is marked. You can read more about the meeting area map here.
Alternatively, you can upload as many maps and pictures as you like in the Event info tab - read more about it here.
Important information before changing the details of your event
- To change the JOIN CODE
- If you decide to change the join code before attendees join your event, all is good, go ahead! - just be sure to share the new join code with your colleagues and all the participants who have joined the event already.
⚠️ WARNING! If you have already shared the join code with your attendees, then
DO NOT CHANGE THE JOIN CODE. Current attendees will not be able to join the event.
- To change the START DATE without accepted or pending meetings
- If you decide to change the start date of your event and you have already added a schedule and meeting time slots without meetings accepted or pending. Then you'll be able to change this date to the new one.
- As an example, let's say you want to change the first date of your event from the 20.5.2022 to 23.5.2022, then you just change the new date on the 'Date' category and click 'Save'. You'll be shown this pop-up box like the one below.
- Here you'll have the option to select the event days that currently have content and/or meeting slots. All the existing content on date 20.05.2022 will be moved to 23.5.2022. Once you've done the right changes, click 'Confirm changes'.
- To change the START DATE or TIME ZONE with accepted and pending meetings
- If you decide to change the start date or time zone of your event and you see on the 'Overview tab' that there are accepted and pending meetings, these meetings will be deleted.
- If you want to change the timezone you'll not be able to change it yourself. Brella will block you from changing the time zone because by doing so all accepted and pending meetings will be deleted. If you want to proceed with this change, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll help you further.
- If you are planning to change the time zone, you'll need to share with all participants the following:
- That all accepted and pending meetings will be removed by a change in the schedule. To get this list of the attendees with accepted and pending meetings, you can export the 'Meetings' csv file from the People's tab.
- Let them know that all the notifications (push-notifications) and reminder emails scheduled will be on the sent out with the previous time zone.
- Let them know that the event will happen with the time zone selected first.
🔍 Note! When changing the start date of your event, the accepted or pending meetings will be deleted. Only participants with accepted meetings will receive a message on their chat.