Invite all participants to your Brella event by either sharing one open join code/link or a unique join code/link for each participant.
🗝️ The join process refers to how attendees, speakers, sponsors, and admins join your event in Brella starting from clicking the join link in the email invitation (sent by the organizer).
There are two ways of joining an event in Brella:
- The Open join code will be accessible by anyone with the open join link.
*Great for public events.
- Join URL: https://next.brella.io/join/CODE123
- Join code: CODE123
- The Invite-Only (Unique join codes) will have to be created one by one for each participant.
*Great for paid events.
- Join URL: https://next.brella.io/join/UNIQUE-CODE
- Join code: UNIQUE-CODE
- Changing from Invite-only to Open Join Link while creating your event
- Changing from Open Join Link to Invite-only while creating your event
1. The Open Join URL/Join code
The event join code is the same join code for all event participants. You can create and edit the join code in the Details tab in the admin panel, and it will always be displayed in the Overview tab.
The benefits & cons of using this method are:
- All the attendees will join with only one join code/link to the event.
- Your event can be accessed by anyone who receives the join link/code; the access is not monitored.
- This is a faster way to invite attendees to the event.
- You can customize the URL. For more information, visit this page.
- You can add participants to a Group and specify their attendance type by adding them to a group. 👉See how to move a member to a group.
⭐ Tip: When sending registration emails out, sending the whole open URL is better if you use the Open join code. Read more about this topic here.
2. The Unique Join URL / Join Code (Invite-only)
With this functionality, you can generate unique join codes for each attendee in Brella. This is the most secure way to give access to your event.
The benefits & cons of using this method:
- Attendees will access the event with a unique join code to determine each attendee's number of "seats." Each seat represents a ticket; once used to register, it will be used, just like a concert ticket. We explain to you how this works here.
- 🚨 Note! You have to send the join codes through your email system. Brella doesn't send any emails out for the registration.
- It's the best way to control the registration traffic in Brella for your event. If you have a strict attendee cap, use this registration method.
- You can read more about unique join codes on how to use them for your event.
- You can add participants to a Group and specify their attendance type when creating Invites. 👉See how to add members while creating invites.
After choosing a registration method for your participants, it's time to prepare how to deliver the invitation emails. For that, we have created a clear manual on what you should consider when drafting your invitations in this article.
3. Changing from Invite-only to Open Join Link
👉 If you want to change to one open join link, consider the following points:
- To change it, go to manager.brella.io, navigate to the Details tab and disable (toggle off) the Invite-only event feature. Then, change the join code or keep the same in the same step.
- After that, everyone can enter the event with the new join code created.
- Attendees who have already joined the event can still access the event without adding the new join code. They'll need to go to next.brella.io and log in to their account. They can find the event on https://next.brella.io/events.
- Attendees who haven't joined the event yet need the new join code to access the event. Find the new join code/link on the Overview tab.
- Lastly, inform attendees that the join code to access the event has been changed via email, announcement, SMS, or the available channels. 💡Tip: How to send the open join code to attendees?
4. Changing from Open Join Link to Invite-only
👉 If you want to change to Invite-only, consider the following points:
- To change it, go to manager.brella.io, navigate to the Details tab and enable (toggle on) the Invite-only event feature.
- After that, everyone will need a unique join code to enter the event.
- Attendees who have already joined the event can still access the event without adding the new join code. They'll have to go to next.brella.io and log in to their account. They can find the event on https://next.brella.io/events.
- Attendees who haven't joined the event yet need a new unique join code to access the event. For that, go to the People tab, create one unique join code for the remaining group of attendees that still need to join the event.
- 💡Tip: Best practices for Invites
- Lastly, inform attendees that the join code to access the event has been changed via email, announcement, SMS, or the available channels. 💡Tip! How to send unique join codes to attendees?
Last updated on January 2022.
Written by Stephanie Campano Valenzuela.
If you didn't find an answer to your questions, please get in touch with the Support Team here.