You can invite all participants to your Brella event by either sharing one open join code/link or a unique join code/link for each participant.
🗝️ The registration method refers to how attendees, speakers, sponsors, and admins join your event in Brella.
The open join code link is created on the Details page when creating/editing your event for the first time.
- URL: https://next.brella.io/join/CODE123
- Join code: CODE123
There are two types of registration at Brella:
- The open join code will be accessible by anyone who has the open join link.
- On the other hand, the unique join codes (Invite-Only) will have to be created one by one separately in the People tab - Invites.
The Open Join Link / Code
The event password is the same join code for all event participants. You can create and edit the join code in the 'Details' tab in the admin panel, and it will always be displayed in the 'Overview' tab.
The benefits & cons of using this method are:
- All the attendees will join with only one join code/link to the event.
- Your event can be accessed by anyone who receives the join link/code; the access is not monitored.
- This is a faster way to invite attendees to the event.
- You can customize the URL. For more information, visit this page.
⭐ Tip: When sending registration emails out, if you use the 'Open join code,' it's better to send the whole open URL. Read more about this topic here.
The Unique Join Link / Code (Invite-only)
With this functionality, you can generate unique join codes for each attendee in Brella. This is the most secure way to give access to your event.
The benefits & cons of using this method:
- Attendees will access the event with a unique join code to determine each attendee's number of "seats." Each seat represents a ticket; once used to register, it will be used, just like a concert ticket. We explain to you how this works here.
- 🚨 Note! You will have to send the join codes through your email system. Brella doesn't send any emails out for the registration.
- It's the best way to control the registration traffic in Brella for your event. If you have a strict attendee cap, use this registration method.
- You can read more about unique join codes on how to use them for your event.
After choosing a registration method for your participants, it's time to prepare how to deliver the invitation emails. For that, we have created a clear manual on what you should consider when drafting your invitations in this article.
Last updated on June 2021.
Written by Stephanie Campano Valenzuela.
If you didn’t find an answer to your questions, please contact the Support Team here.