Invite-only functionality is a more secure joining process whereby you can generate unique invites for your attendees. This way you will have more control over who can join your event.
With the Invite-only feature, you will be able to:
- generate a unique invite for each individual or a group
- to choose the number of times, a particular unique invite can be redeemed
- track if a specific unique invite has been used or not and by who
- delete certain invites.
⭐Tip: Invites are the best way to control the registration traffic in Brella for your event. If you have a strict attendee cap, use this registration method.
In a nutshell, the theory of how the Invite only works for you, the event organizer:
Once you have your registrants' (attendees') information such as email address, first name, and last name, you...
1. Create invites in Brella’s Admin Panel and generate unique invites for each attendee or group
2. Export the list from Brella’s Admin Panel and upload that list in your email marketing tool and send the links to each attendee or group
Activate the invite-only feature
First, go to the admin panel:
- Check the box that says Invite-only in the Details tab.
- Type a URL identifier for your event. This URL will be shown in the Brella web app (https://next.brella.io/exampleevent). Without an identifier, participants cannot enter the event; your event needs to have an identifier.
- Scroll down the page and save the changes.
The next step is to import the attendee details.
You can do it in two ways:
Once the unique join codes have been generated either by uploading the .csv or manually through the user interface, you can see the unique join code like in the photo below. This code is the invite's identifier and can be used by mobile app users to redeem the invite. When you click on the Join code (circled in the photo below), you can see that the join link gets copied to your clipboard.
The join code and the link are the same, except the join link includes https://next.brella.io/ -URL in the beginning.
So how to distribute the invites?
Export the invites from Brella by clicking Invites export (.csv).
Last, Import the file in your email marketing tool to send the unique links (Column H in the file called join_url, please see photo below) to your attendees accordingly.
We recommend sharing the join link and join code.
Last updated on February 2021.
Written by Stephanie Campano Valenzuela.
If you didn’t find an answer to your questions, please contact the Support Team here.