Learn how to import and export sponsor profiles and booths
To be covered
- Import Sponsors profiles and booths for the first time
- Export Sponsors profiles and booth information
- Add or update sponsors with a CSV file
- List of import errors and how to resolve them
- Download Template
- Navigate to the Admin Panel - sponsors
- Select Categories.
❗Before importing the list of sponsors, you need to create sponsorships categories to align with the existing category names.❗
- Once the categories are created, navigate to Settings and click on Import Sponsors.
- Download the template clicking on "sponsors_template.csv.". Use the same format.
- The template looks like the image below, remove the description of the columns, and leave the titles intact.
- Sponsor/Company details:
Name - company name - mandatory ❗
- Category - industry - optional
- Subtitle - no longer than 75 letters - optional
- Category - mandatory❗
*The Category field will try to match with the existing Sponsor Category in the admin panel. If the category doesn't exist, a new category will be created. If no category is provided, an 'uncategorized' category will be made, and the Sponsor will be added under the new category.
- Enable chat - Yes or No (value) - optional
- Website - only URL - optional
- Facebook - only URL - optional
- Twitter - only URL - optional
- Linkedin - only URL - optional
- Twitter - Twitter handle - optional
- Instagram - Instagram handle - optional
- Content (Description) - optional
* Doesn't support images.
- Logo - optional
*Importing - Only URL - Store the image in the cloud (i.e., Google Drive) and copy-paste the embed URL to the import file under Logo URL.
*Manually - upload the logo after importing the details, follow these steps.
- Media type - Carousel or/and sidebar
- Media title - Carousel name or/and sidebar name (only embedded URL)
- Media URL - Carousel URL or/and sidebar URL (only embedded URL)
❗Booth links have to be public links that don't need a password or a private network.
Export Sponsors Profiles
Likewise, the Sponsor's list and essential content can be exported into a CSV. The data is in a compatible format to be imported back. This export conserves the rich text formatting in the Description field.
To export the Sponsor's list, you need to:
- Navigate to the Admin panel - Sponsors - Settings - Export Sponsors.
- Click on "Export .zip at Export Sponsors."
Adding New Sponsors With a .CSV File
- Navigate to the event, and go to the Sponsors tab.
- Download the existing sponsor list,
- Then add the missing sponsors (leaving the ID column untouched),
- Import the CSV file, go to Settings and click on Import Sponsors.
- Done. Refresh your page if requested!
List of Import Errors and How to Solve Them
When importing a sponsor list and you see a red alert message on the green cloud icon (right top side), it's a sign that the file didn't import successfully, or there was an error in the file that you need to pay attention to so the data you imported is correct.Before moving to the examples,
✔️ Ensure the Category column is filled out.
✔️The CSV files imported to Brella are separated by commas (,); if you are using Excel, the system usually separates columns by a semicolon (;). Please ensure to double-check that you are using commas.
💡 Case in Point 1: Carousel and Sidebar Columns
- Unknown content refers to the Media title row 3 being empty. This field should always have a value or title.
- Sponsor for this media item was not saved refers to the URL not being safe and not having https://*
To give you visual details, you can see the image below.
💡 Case in Point 2: Illegal Quoting
- Malformed CSV: Illegal quoting in line 10. The Error is in line 10 of the spreadsheet. So you need to go back to the CSV file on Excel or Google Sheets and check line 10. A link could be wrong, or there is a line separated with a semicolon (;).
You can check whether the data was saved correctly in the file. You can do so by opening the CSV file in Text Edit or a similar program and making sure that the information presented here is formatted the same way as the screenshot below. If needed, make any necessary edits.
In-Text Edit, the file should look like this:
If you are importing images, ensure the photos are stored in a file storage service (i.e., Google Drive or Brella), especially for the logo, carousel, and sidebar sections. The URL/link must be a public link that doesn't need a password or a private network.
Suppose you are importing web pages, pdf, slides, brochures, etc. These have to be embeddable and also be stored in a file storage service.
If you are importing websites, add the usual website link.
☝️ Traffic analytics: Sidebar integrations and Attendee mobile activity are not included in the traffic analytics report yet. It's coming soon!
Click here to download the template.
Last updated - July 2022.
Written by Natasha Santiago.
If you didn't find an answer to your questions, please get in touch with the Support Team here.