Learn how to send push notifications to event attendees
To be covered
- Scheduling an announcements (Steps)
- Announcement examples to enhance your event's communication for Virtual, In-person & Hybrid events
Event announcements are messages that participants will receive as push notifications on their browser or mobile app once they've accessed the event platform. This will depend on the app version they are using for your event.
- Announcements will only reach participants who have allowed notifications on their Brella account and their devices (desktop and mobile).
- The participants only receive these notifications if the devices are connected to the Internet.
- Announcements can be sent instantly or scheduled for a specific time.
What can be added to announcements:
- A title (max. 45 characters)
- Text content
- For Mac users: Press the Control + Command + Spacebar keys on your keyboard at the same time. A small window overlay appears with a bunch of Emoji characters in it.
- Other pc: Hold down Windows Key + Period / Full Stop (.) or Windows Key + Semicolon (;)
- One URL
Scheduling announcements (steps)
- Navigate to the Admin panel - Communications.
- Click on Create (first) announcement;
- Fill in the details title, type, time, content
- Click 'Save.'
The announcement is now scheduled. You can edit your announcements at any time before they are sent out.
Sending good vibes; wishing you all the very best towards a successful event!
Last updated - July 2022.
Written by Natasha Santiago.
If you didn't find an answer to your questions, please get in touch with the Support Team here.