Learn how to create matchmaking categories, interests, and intents or opt for one of Brella's matchmaking templates.
To be covered:
- Create Matchmaking with a template
- Create matchmaking categories from scratch
- Create matchmaking using existing data
With Brella matchmaking, you are in the right direction to offer invaluable experience for your attendees. Let us guide you on how to set up matchmaking for your event with a template or from scratch.
If you aren't sure what the matchmaking categories are, we invite you to go to Brella matchmaking and review the value for your attendees, yourself as an organizer, and how it functions on Brella.
Create matchmaking with a template
Quick tutorial video
- Navigate to Admin Panel - Matchmaking.
- You will find templates that you can use according to your event's industry.
- Select the industry that relates the most to your event goals and industry.
- After clicking Select, you will see the categories template with pre-selected categories; if you click on one of these, it will show you its interests. If you also click on one interest, you'll be displayed its pre-selected intents.
- If you want to use this template for your event, click Proceed.
Once you have saved the template, go back to Home and start reviewing what categories, interests, and intents are most relevant for your attendees.
Create matchmaking from scratch
- Click on Start Matchmaking from the left side menu.
2. Select Start from Scratch.
3. Start writing your matchmaking data!
Before getting started, get some inspiration! ✨
- To write your matchmaking data, start at the Category column.
- Select the '+' icon to add a new category, titled 'Main Category.' Select the edit icon to change the name.
⭐Tip! If you struggle to come up with categories, start with the main themes of your event. Then write related topics as interests.
- Once your category is created, then you can create your interests. Please select your category to show the interests, and add them in the same way.
- Then, you can select individual intents for each interest or click the top box to select them all. - You can add as many categories as you like, as well as as many interests within each category as necessary.
- Once you're satisfied with your matchmaking data, select Save, and you're done!
You can add or remove categories and interests at any time and change intents.
Create matchmaking using existing data
If you are unable to fill in the details from scratch, Brella allows you to import matchmaking details using past event data.
Below is an example of the Matchmaking CSV template. You can make edits to the Category, Interest, and Intents and import a new CSV file or import matchmaking categories from a past event of your organization.
❗Before you launch the event, double-check that all categories have an interest and an intent selected. If there are no interests/intents selected, participants will not select them during the event onboarding process.
Best wishes for a successful event from the Brella Team!
Last updated - July 2023
Written by Yusra Mohideen
If you didn't find an answer to your questions, please get in touch with the Support Team here.