Learn how to detect and resolve technical issues you may encounter when using the breakout rooms.
To be covered:
When working over online platforms, technical details can cause issues at unexpected times. We understand that this can be quite frustrating, especially during live events and we believe in being prepared to tackle any issues and have backup plans in place to ensure the event is delivered smoothly to attendees.
Mic and camera issues
➡️ If you are experiencing trouble with your mic or your camera,1. Check the camera and mic from the room view and see that the correct mic and camera settings are connected.
3. Check your computer settings and that the correct devices are connected to your computer.
2. From the browser settings, check that all the sound and camera settings are activated and allowed for the webpage you are on (next.brella.io).
The settings are unique for the device you are using.
*Sound settings for your device
➡️ If you are experiencing slowness or other connectivity issues,
- Check your internet connection. An unstable connection can affect the room not working properly. If possible, try switching to another network for example an Ethernet cable instead of Wi-fi.
- If you are using a VPN on your computer, this might interfere with the connection the breakout room uses. If you are in a safe network, you can test if disabling the VPN could restore your connection. This is only recommended if you know you are in a safe network.
➡️ If you are hosting a breakout room and not able to share your screen,
If you are using a Mac:
- Go to your system preferences
- Navigate to Security & Privacy
- Find 'Screen recording' in the list on the left side of the screen.
- Check that your browser is ticked on the listing on the right side of the screen.
2. If you are using Windows as an operating system
Windows does not require permission for screen sharing. If you are experiencing issues with screen sharing and you are using Windows, contact us here and our support will look into it with you.
⚡Note: Breakout rooms web technology is new and functions almost all browsers, devices, and operating systems, but there are some exceptions. It's recommended to use breakout rooms in Chrome. For more information, go here.
Last updated - July 2023.
Written by Rajinda Wijetunge.
If you didn't find an answer to your questions, please get in touch with the Support Team here.