When hosting a Brella Breakout room, you'll be able to record the session and download the file to use it as On-demand content or to review it afterwards.
If you have been given the Host URL privileges to facilitate a Breakout Room, you will have access to record the session. One of the most demanded tasks is to document the session to use the recording for other purposes such as reviewing the material or adding into the Brella platform as a post-event or On-demand session.
To carry out this task, you'll need to follow up the below steps:
👉 Initial setup
To use the "start recording" functionality of the Breakout room, it's necessary to activate the Whereby extension on your preferred browser. To have a better user experience, we recommend using the same as with the Brella platform, i.e., Safari or Chrome.
- Open the session on the BOR; go to your control bar located at the bottom of the screen. ⬇
👉 Start a recording
- Click on "Record," and a new pop-up window will appear suggesting to install the Whereby recording extension.
- Press the "Open pop-up" to install the extension and follow the steps as they show
- Once you have added the extension to your browser, you'll be able to start recording.
- Select the Whereby tab as the main screen to be recorded AND press share as the example below:
💡Tip: To avoid showing the content of other tabs or your pc/laptop, we recommend you to have your browser open only with the Brella event and/or the Breakout room windows.
👉 Saving the recording file
After your Breakout room session has ended, it's time to stop the recording and get the file from the Whereby download page.
❗Note: The recordings are temporarily stored on the browser. If you close the window, your video will disappear and cannot be recovered. We recommend you download it immediately after your session has ended to avoid any trouble getting the file afterward.
To save your recorded session, follow these steps:
- Click on "Stop recording" from your controls bar.
- Right after, a new pop-up window appears on your top-right side of the screen.
- Click on the text 'the recordings page.'
- Once on the new Whereby window, you'll find your file and save it locally (on your own pc/laptop)
⚡Note: The recording can only be downloaded locally. It means that it will be saved on your pc/laptop, and if you need to share the file, it's necessary to use cloud services or video compression tools to be transferred to the event organizer if needed. For more information, check this article.
👉 Step-by-Step Video Tutorial
Last updated in February 2021.
Written by Wendy Rendón
If you didn’t find an answer to your questions, please contact the Support Team here.