Learn how to create and send a custom email on the admin panel using the HTML editor
To be covered
Emails are essential to increase pre-engagement and platform adoption. This new feature introduced by Brella gives you the opportunity to send custom emails. You can create an email adding any customized information (banners, fonts, URLs, etc) for your event, and it is just a matter of copying the HTML code of your email created on the Brella platform to send that email to any selected group (attendees, sponsors, etc.) of your event.
How to create a custom email (steps)
- Navigate to the Admin Panel (manager.brella.io).
- Click on the ‘Custom Emails’ tab within 'Communications' in the left menu.
- Click on the '+ Create custom emails' button in the middle.
- Fill up the Email Name and the Subject of your email. Then click on Which groups to send to and select the recipients you want to send this custom email to. Click on Proceed.
- Select the 'HTML Editor' from the tabs on top.
❗Switching editors at any point will make you lose all your data/progress of the email you have been working on.
- Copy the HTML code of the email content created by you and paste it into the space named ‘HTML code.’
At this point, you can add tags/tokens inside the HTML code in order to personalize your email with the information. Ex. first_name, last_name, join_url, seats_count, available_seats_count, join_code.
- If you want to customize your email with banners, images, different fonts, etc, you can use the Beefree tool (https://beefree.io) to create the template and then insert it into HTML code.
- You should be able to see a preview of the email you created on the right-hand side once you paste the HTML code. You can double-check the features of your custom email (URL function, banners, etc.) at this point prior to sending.
- Once the preview has been checked, click on Proceed.
- At this stage, you can configure the delivery of the email. You have the ability to immediately send the email out or schedule it for a specific date and time.
- To send the email immediately, Select 'Send Now' and click the ‘Send email now’ button.
- You can set up a trigger for the custom email to be sent. The email will automatically trigger based on what option is selected, which is either during the Invite creation or Invite updated. 👉 Go to this article for detailed instructions and good to know when using Triggers.
- To send the email on a later date at a specific time, select ‘Scheduled’, select the date and the time you want to send the email, and click on ‘Schedule email.’
Congratulations! Now you know how to send or schedule custom emails. 🙌
Once you have scheduled/sent a few emails, your custom emails tab will display the emails as follows:
💡You can delete or edit the scheduled emails any time prior to the date/time you scheduled initially.
Last updated - December 2023
Written by Yusra Mohideen
If you didn't find an answer to your questions, please get in touch with the Support Team here