Learn how to send custom emails with triggers for the event.
To be covered
Emails are essential to increase pre-engagement and platform adoption. With custom emails, you can decide when to send the emails to attendees registered in Brella.
How to create a custom email with triggers (steps)
- Navigate to the Admin Panel (manager.brella.io)
- Click on the ‘Custom Emails’ tab within 'Communications' in the left menu.
- Click on the '+ Create custom emails' button in the middle.
- Fill up the Email Name and the Subject of your email.
- Select the sending method
Send now - Immediately send this email once you hit publish
Scheduled Email - Automatically send this email once at a specific date and time
Automated Triggers - Replace default automated emails (like the invite email) with this custom email.
- Select the Target delivery group
- Click on Proceed
- Create a custom email from scratch using our Visual Editor or copy the HTML code of the email content created by you on a 3rd party platform on the HTML editor.
- Once the email has been created using one of the editors and the preview has been checked, click on 'Review and Send.'
- Click on Enable trigger and select OK if you want to activate the trigger.
Types of Automated Triggers
- Invite created: A custom email will be ready to be sent in the following situations overriding the default Brella invite email.
- A new invite is created via CSV upload
- A new invite is created manually in the Admin Panel
- A new invite is created via the public API
💡The custom email will have to be set before the invites are created or uploaded on the admin panel. Any invites created and sent before the custom email setup will receive the Brella default invite email.
- Invite updated: Activating this trigger will send custom emails in the following instances.
- A new invite is created via a ticket purchase
- An existing unused invite’s email address is updated
❗To replace the ticketing confirmation email with a custom email, first turn off the ticket confirmation email in the email settings and select triggers Invite created + Invite updated (NOTE: It's very important you select both for this to work).
- Attendee joined: Customer emails will be sent only to the participants who have claimed their invitation.
Creating a custom email with the 'Invite creation' trigger will not ship the emails immediately unless you have 'Published' invites enabled. And 'Invite updated' trigger will only be enabled once you click on published or manually send the emails.
Tip! When planning the email flow, create drafts first and send them one at a time or simultaneously. You can save a draft in Step 3 - Confirm.
View the summary of Custom Emails activated
Once the triggers are enabled you can see a summary and actions (edit, duplicate, delete) actions you can take if needed.
Congratulations! Now you know how to send or schedule custom emails. 🙌
Last updated in August 2023
Written by Yusra Mohideen
If you didn’t find an answer to your questions, please contact the Support Team here.