Upload all your Matchmaking categories, interests and intents at once in the Matchmaking tab.
You can create Matchmaking categories, interests and intents for your event in two ways - within the Admin Panel, or upload a CSV list.
To upload your own categories from an external source, follow these steps:
- Create your interests from scratch or a template
- Format your interests for uploading
- Upload your interests
Creating your matchmaking categories
Brella's matchmaking works in this way:
- Attendees select a broad category that interests them (Marketing)
- Within that category, they choose relevant interests (Digital Marketing, Content Marketing, etc.)
- For each interest, they choose their intent (networking, trading, investing, recruiting)
So, in your spreadsheet, you will have three columns: categories, interests and intents. If it helps, you can add these titles to the top of your spreadsheet, but remember to delete them before uploading. A template is available here to get you started.
Your finished list should look like this:
The four intents currently understood by our matchmaking AI are networking, trading, investing, and recruiting.
Continue reading for a more detailed walkthrough, or skip ahead to learn how to format your template for upload.
The first column of the template is where you write your category. Example categories are:
- Technical expertise
Each category should be in a row of its own. So, when you write the interests, don't write them beside the category, but leave a space and begin one cell down, in the next column.
The interests column is where you can get specific. Say your category is Marketing. Here are some interests that you could add under Marketing:
- Content Marketing
- Growth Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Events / Promotional Marketing
- Social Media Advertising
Think of your event and the most relevant interests that your attendees would select.
Tip: If you're unsure of an interest, feel free to leave it in. You can see a detailed list of selections after the event, which will tell you which interests your attendees selected - and which ones they didn't.
Finally, you can add the intents beside each interest. You have four different options:
- networking: general networking
- trading: interested in selling or buying
- investing: interested in investing in or getting investment in
- recruiting: interested in hiring or getting hired
Note! Each interest needs at least one intent. We highly recommend including networking in each interest.
Formatting your list of categories
To upload the template, it must be in CSV format. If your template is already in CSV format, skip ahead here.
If you added titles: categories, interests and intents to the top of your spreadsheet, remove them before proceeding further.
To save your file as CSV format:
- Select 'Save as'
- Choose to save as CSV or “comma delimited"
- Name the file and select 'Save'
Then, open the saved CSV file with TextEdit, Notepad or WordPad (or a similar program). We need to do this to replace the semicolons with commas before uploading.
You can do that by:
- Right click or control click the file.
- You will see a menu pop up.
- There you will see the option "Open with" - click it.
- Open with TextEdit, Notepad or WordPad (or similar program).
Once the file is open in your text editor of choice, replace all semicolons (;) with commas (,):
- Control + H (on PCs) or Command + F (on Macs),
- Enter ";",
- Choose to replace all with ",".
Save your file, and it's ready to upload!
Upload your matchmaking categories
Now you can upload your interests to Brella's Admin Panel. If there are no matchmaking categories detected for your event, you will be prompted to either Start matchmaking or Import from previous events.
Choose “Import from previous events”. You will then see the following pop-up window.
Click or drag the file you created in the previous steps to the indicated area.
Congratulations! Your matchmaking interests are now uploaded to the Admin Panel and your attendees can begin networking and creating incredibly valuable connections. If you need to edit your interests, there's no need to change the file and re-upload it, as you can make any changes directly in the Admin Panel.
You can also upload matchmaking categories from other events that you created in the Admin Panel before.
As you build more events on Brella's Admin Panel, it will save your matchmaking interests for later use, saving you time in the long run.