Before going live with your matchmaking categories, here are a couple of things we encourage you to go through:
- Ask yourself, based on knowing your attendees better than anyone: Can every attendee find relevant interests from your categories? There is no such thing as a too-long list of interests. Be creative!
- Fine-tune your intents. Make sure your intents are relevant for the interest. E.g. If your category is "Investment stage" and the interest is "A-round", using Trading intent (Exploring to buy or explore/Offer or sell this) is not the most usable one. You probably want to use the intent "Investment" and/or "Networking" instead.
- Always double-check your data for spelling errors and grammar.
- Make sure every category has interests. If you don't have any interest in your categories, we recommend creating a separate category titled "Interest", and then add main categories as interests there.
- Log into your event in the Brella Platform (next.brella.io) to see the changes by going to your profile and editing your interests. Put yourself in your attendee's shoes - Do the categories, interests, and intents make sense?
Last updated on February 2021.
Written by Stephanie Campano Valenzuela.
If you didn’t find an answer to your questions, please contact the Support Team here.