Invite-only functionality is a more secure joining process whereby you can generate unique invites for your attendees. This way, you will have more control over who can join your event.
🎯 In a nutshell:
Once you have your participant's information, such as email address, first name, and last name, you need to...
- Create invites in Brella's Admin Panel and generate unique invites for each attendee or group
- Export the list from Brella's Admin Panel and upload that list in your email marketing tool and send the links to each attendee or group.
✔️Advantages of using the Invite-only feature, you can:
- generate a unique join code for each individual or a group,
- choose the number of times a participant can redeem a particular unique code,
- track if a specific unique code has been used or not, and by who,
- delete invites individually or as a whole group.
- How to activate the invite-only feature?
- How to create unique join codes for participants?
- How to distribute the invites?
⭐ Tip: Invites are the best way to control the registration traffic in Brella for your event. If you have a strict attendee cap, use this registration method.
1. How to activate the invite-only feature?
First, go to the Admin Panel (manager.brella.io).
- Then, toggle on the Invite-only in the Details tab.
- Type a URL identifier for your event. The URL will be displayed in the Brella web app (https://next.brella.io/exampleevent). Without an identifier, participants cannot enter the event; your event needs to have an identifier.
- Scroll down the page and save the changes.
2. How to create unique join codes for participants?
The next step is to create unique join codes for your attendees. You can do it in two ways:
Once the unique join codes have been generated by uploading the .csv or manually through the user interface, you can see the unique join code like in the photo below. This code is the invite's identifier and can be used on both platforms for desktop or mobile app users to redeem the invite.
When you click the icon on the left side of the Join code, you can see that it gets copied to your clipboard. Copy it and add it to the invite email.
3. How to distribute the invites?
To distribute the invites, you need to:
- Export the invites from Brella by clicking Invites export (.csv) in the Admin panel.
- Next, import the file in your email marketing tool to send the unique links (Share Column H in the file called join_url.
*See image below 👇
✨ To see step by step, please go to Invite-only: How to send invites to your attendees.
Last updated on October 2021.
Written by Stephanie Campano Valenzuela.
If you ddidn'tfind an answer to your questions, please get in touch with the Support Team here.