Adding items to Brella such as videos, webpages, presentations, pdfs must be embeddable. If they are not, you can also display them in other ways.
🤔 What is an iFrame? An iFrame is an element of a website HTML structure that allows embeddable content to be shown alongside other website content.
❗Note: Before adding a website to Brella, check with the owner company/person of the site/page to allow embedding, meaning that their site/page can be placed on other websites and platforms. Some have disabled this option to avoid having their content in unwanted places.
Test Your Webpage or Link on Brella
If you don't know whether the material you want to add to Brella is embeddable, follow the steps below to find out:
- Add the material to an iframe section on the panel you have access to.
- If you are a sponsor, add the item you wish to the carousel or the sidebar section on sponsor.brella.io. Next, refresh your page and see preview mode. If you see a grey icon with an error, such as. "refused to connect" or "unable to connect," then it's likely that the website administrator has enabled a security measure to avoid embedding.
- If you are an organizer, add the item you wish to a virtual booth (carousel or sidebar), a session slot, or a stream element. After adding the link and saving, open the Brella web app (https://next.brella.io.), navigate to the booth, and see if it works. If you see a grey icon with an error, such as. "refused to connect" or "unable to connect," then it's likely that the website administrator has enabled a security measure to avoid embedding.
- If the item is non-embeddable, you have a few options to display them at your event and virtual booth.
Use iframely - This tool can convert a URL/links into an embeddable format, if possible.
Different files and items (videos, presentations, slides decks, images, websites) for the Sponsors booths, Schedule, or sidebar integrations shared through a Cloud service provider sometimes do not follow the embeddable requirement.
Follow these steps to check if you can convert those URL/links into an embedded link:
- Go to iframely
- Click on > Check URL at the top of the page.
- Insert the preferred link/URL, i.e., Brella's website - www.brella.io > Click the yellow button 'CHECK IT.'
- Then, it will create an embeddable link of any website out there, but it doesn't check whether the security measures of the site prevent it from being embedded or not.
If you receive any options below, you can pull an embeddable URL and add it to your event's Admin Panel in Brella.
👉 Option 1 - File link from a Cloud service (GDrive, OneDrive, iCloud)
👉 Option 2 - Websites
Step-by-step short clip
Last updated in March 2022.
Written by Wendy Rendón
If you didn't find an answer to your questions, please get in touch with the Support Team here.