Learn how to access Brella with some firewall troubleshooting steps.
To be covered:
If your company has enabled a firewall system that prevents access to some websites for security purposes, it can cause issues when trying to access Brella.
Below, you'll find steps on how to access Brella through these security measures and get ready for your event.
Access and Login
If you're entirely unable to access the Brella platform, this could be related to a robust firewall setup. To fix the access or login trouble linked to security settings, follow the instructions below:
*If it's a company device and network, ask your company's IT team to allowlist our domain:
* If it's a personal device and network, we suggest editing the browser settings to allow Brella, preferably using Google Chrome:
- Click the three horizontal lines icon on the far right of the Address bar.
- Click on Settings, scroll to the bottom and click the Show Advanced Settings link.
- Click on Change proxy settings.
- Click the Security tab > Trusted Sites icon, then click Sites.
- Enter the URL of your Trusted Site, then click Add.
- Click Close > OK.
Additionally, ensure you have no VPNs, Adblockers, or Autofill extensions.
Sometimes, network restrictions prevent our automated emails from coming through due to a strong firewall setup, as there is spammer deny lists. Organizations enable this type of security to block emails if the sender matches their list of unwanted domains.
*If it's a public email domain (such as @gmail.com, @yahoo.com), add the bellow to your email contacts list, then re-request a login email if needed:
*If it's an enterprise or business email, ask your company's IT Team to allowlist our domain:
❗Note: If the above steps did not fix the access issues on your laptop, this could be due to more complex firewall setups, and we do not encourage any participant to deactivate such settings on your personal device or network. It could put at risk your device and data.
Last updated in December 2022.
Written by Yusra Mohideen
Please contact the Support Team here if you didn't find an answer to your questions.