Learn how to create custom pages for the event
To be covered
We at Brella understand the importance of having all information in one place for the convenience of your event attendees. This is why we have provided the option to create as many custom pages as you like to include within the virtual event link of the Brella app through a few easy steps.
How to Create a Custom Page (Steps)
- Navigate to the Admin Panel (manager.brella.io)
- Click on the Custom Pages tab within 'Custom Content' in the left menu.
- Click on the 'Create new' button on the top right.
- Click on continue.
- You can enter the embed link of a URL you like to add as a custom page.
- Click on the 'validate URL' button.
- From the following page - you can copy the Brella code to the main page you are embedding to ensure it appears properly, or you can skip this step.
- Click on 'skip' in the pop-up that appears as well.
If you are embedding any 3rd party content which you have no access to edit, you are recommended to skip this step. But if it is your own content you can use the Brella code instead of selecting "skip" at this point. Adding the Brella code to your content will make the content embedded on Brella have improved aesthetic and UX by,
- Content using its own height to fill the page on Brella. As in it will span out and grow the page/tab height in Brella.
- Using the native page scrollbars as in other tabs inside Brella, it'll look more like the content is part of Brella.
- Select "Continue" from the next screen.
- On the next page, you get the option to add a title (that will appear in the left menu); select an icon and a custom URL for the page is created.
- You can select to publish the page immediately or save it as a draft and publish it on a later day as well.
- You are also allowed to show this page to only a selected group of attendees or to all attendees.
- Once you have made the preferred selections, click on the create page button.
💡 The website limits, who can embed its pages by setting X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN header.
For the site limitation, it needs to be changed by the web admin of the webpage. Check out how it can be done by accessing the Content security policy
Now that you have successfully created a custom page, you can see how it appears to attendees by viewing the event through next.brella.io. Feel free to create as many custom pages as you require to include all details in one place for the event attendees.
Refer to this article to learn how you can re-order the custom pages you add to the event menu.
Last updated - July 2023.
Written by Purnima Jayasuriya.
If you didn't find an answer to your questions, please get in touch with the Support Team here.