Using tags and locations will make it a lot easier for attendees to find what they are looking for from the event schedule. They are shown in Brella under each session details in the schedule and can also be used as filters.Content
Tags are handy when you have multiple sessions going on at the same time at your virtual event. In these multi-track events, you can create tags to fit the respective track and color code them. It is also possible to add multiple tags to a slot so that you can add, for example, main topics, keywords, content session types, and sponsor names for the sessions as tags.When creating your tags, try to think about it from the attendees' point of view: what filters would be useful to them when going through the event schedule?
👉 How to add new tags to your Brella event
- Go to the Admin Panel's Schedule tab. From there, go to Tags and locations and choose +Add new tag.
- Please insert a name for the tag, choose a color for it, optional add an icon/emoji, and click OK.
- Go back to your schedule and add a new slot or choose to edit an existing slot. The tags you added can now be chosen from the drop-down box. You can also add new tags directly from the slot when editing it.
❗Note: The content order when having multiple sessions is sorted out alphabetically by the first tag of each session; if such, have the same start time.
Attendees will see the tags in the schedule's content sessions and listed under the filters:
Locations are similar to tags, but they are typically used to refer attendees to different virtual locations at your event. Unlike with tags, only one location can be assigned to a slot.
These location mentions can help your attendees track where they need to navigate Brella to access the information they are looking for. We recommend using the same terminology within Brella, such as the "Stream tab" or "Schedule tab."
👉 How to add new locations to your Brella event
- Go to Schedule. From there, go to Tags and locations and choose +Add new location.
- Please insert a name for the location, choose a color for it, optional add an icon/emoji, and click OK.
- Go back to your schedule and add a new slot or choose to edit an existing slot. The locations you added can now be chosen from the drop-down box. You can also add new locations directly from the slot when editing it.
Attendees will see the locations in the schedule's content sessions and listed under the filters:
Last updated on March 2021.
Written by Stephanie Campano Valenzuela.
If you didn’t find an answer to your questions, please contact the Support Team here.