This article will explain all you need to know about the Sponsor ads functionality. Sponsor ads are a great tool to boost your sponsors' engagement and visibility in your event.
- What are Sponsor Ads?
- Where are sponsor ads displayed?
- How many ads can I have in one event?
- What is the display share?
- Creating a sponsor ad
- Deleting a sponsor ad
- Monitoring your sponsor ads success
What are Sponsor Ads?
Sponsors ads are a feature in Brella which allows you to promote the sponsors at your event on the Event home page and on the 'People' page of Brella. Sponsor advertisements are an excellent tool for boosting sponsor presence and helping them get even more meetings in the event.
On the Event home page, the sponsor ad will works as a pathway to the virtual booth, with the sponsor name, logo, and introduction.
On the event on the People tab, they appear similar to an attendee profile, with an introduction and an option to suggest a meeting. When attendees select "Suggest Meeting", the platform will take the attendee to the sponsor's booth where they can see the sponsors' representatives and also read more information about the company.
👉Note! Add all your sponsors to Brella before creating sponsor ads. Learn how to add your sponsors here.
Where are sponsor ads displayed?
Sponsor ads you set up for your event are displayed on two pages on Brella; in the Event home page and in the People tab.
On the event home page:
In the fourth place of the People tab:
How many ads can I have in one event?
You can have more than one advertisement active at one time. When creating an advertisement, you have an option to set its display share. Because there is only one advertisement spot, the display share determines how often it appears to attendees.
🔍Note: The maximum number of sponsor ads that you can add within Brella is 100, so if you add 100 sponsors ads each would get a 1% probability to be displayed.
What is the display share?
The total display share is 100%.
For example, if you have two sponsors you wish to promote, you can set each ad display share as 50%. This means that each time an attendee views the attendee list, there is an equal chance for either ad to show every time the People page is open or refreshed.
👉Note: Refreshing the People page counts as a new view, so attendees may see different advertisements when they refresh the list there while on the Home page this will stay in descending order.
Creating a sponsor ad
1. Go to the Admin panel and navigate to the Sponsors tab.
2. Click to 'Sponsor ads' from the top panel.
3. Go to 'Create new' displayed on the right side of the screen.
4. Start creating the ad by selecting a sponsor from the dropdown menu (if you haven't added sponsors, learn how to add them here). On the right side of the screen, you can see a preview of what the ad will look like in the
5. Add a profile image if your sponsor doesn't have on as well as the sponsor's ad text. The ad text can be a maximum of 280 characters.
6. Set the display share. If you plan to create only one ad, set it to 100%. You can always edit this display share later.
7. Once all the information is complete, select "Save". Your sponsor ad is now live!
After this is done, you can also see how well your sponsor advertisement is doing in the "Active" section.
💡Tip: We recommend asking your sponsors for a pitch to add in the Introduction. Also, a good practice here would be to promote sponsors' specific products.
Deleting a sponsor ad
If you want to take a previously created sponsor ads out of use, you can do it by deleting the ad by pressing the small trash can icon next to the sponsor's name.
⚡️Note: Previously deleted sponsor ads cannot be taken into use again.
Monitoring your sponsor ad success
You can always view the effectiveness of each advertisement from the Sponsor Ads tab.
Analytics wise, you can monitor the display count as well as click count for each sponsor ad.
- The display count (People tab). This tells you how many times an attendee refreshed or visited the attendee list page for the first time on the Brella platform. Going to different tabs on the Brella platform in the same event does not count as additional display points, as well as going to the next page of attendees.
- The click count (People tab). This tells you how many times your attendees have clicked on the sponsor ad.
- The display count (Home tab). This tells you how many times the home page has been visited and loaded.
- The click count (Home tab) This tells you how many times the sponsor ad has been clicked on the home page.
You will also be able to see the display and click counts for the sponsors' ads that you have deleted. You will see the status of the deleted ads below the 'active ads' column.