You can create matchmaking categories, interests, and intents all at once in the admin panel by using your own categories or opting for one of our 17 templates.
Now with Brella matchmaking, you are in the right direction to offer an invaluable experience for your attendees. This article shows you how to create matchmaking categories for your event with a template or from scratch. It's up to you!
If you aren't sure what the matchmaking categories are, we invite you to go to Brella matchmaking and review the value for your attendees, yourself as an organizer, and how it functions on Brella.
Create matchmaking categories with a template
1. Go to the admin panel, navigate to Matchmaking.
2. Click on Start Matchmaking from the left side menu.
3. You will find 17 templates that you can use according to your event's industry.
The first tab is Start from scratch, then it follows so:
1. General Business - 2. Blockchain - 3. Design - 4. Startup - 5. Fintech - 6. Insurtech - 7. HR - 8. Real Estate, Construction - 9. Sales Account Management - 10. Manufacturing - 11. Media - 12. AI - 13. Govtech, NGO - 14. Foodtech - 15. Venture Capital - 16. Event Organizing - 17. Health Tech.
4. Select the industry that relates the most to your event goals and industry.
5. After clicking Select, you will see the categories template with pre-selected categories; if you click on one of these, it will show you its interests. If you also click on one interest, you'll be displayed its pre-selected intents.
6. If you are sure you want to use this template for your event, click Proceed.
Once you have saved the template, go back to Overview and start reviewing what categories, interests, and intents are most relevant for your attendees. For further help and explanation on the Brella matchmaking, you can visit this page.
Quick tutorial video
❗Before you launch the event, double-check that all categories have an interest and an intent selected. If there not interests/intents selected, participants will not be able to select them during the registration process.
Create matchmaking categories from scratch
- Click on Start Matchmaking from the left side menu.
2. Select Start from Scratch.
3. Start writing your matchmaking data!
- To write your matchmaking data, start at the Category column.
- Select the '+' icon to add a new category, titled 'Main Category.' Select the edit icon to change the name.
⭐Tip! If you struggle to come up with categories, start with the main themes of your event. Then write related topics as interests.
- Once your category is created, then you can create your interests. Please select your category to show the interests, and add them in the same way.
- Then, you can select individual intents for each interest or click the top box to select them all. - You can add as many categories as you like, as well as as many interests within each category as necessary.
- Once you're satisfied with your matchmaking data, select Save, and you're done!
⭐Tip! Take time to consider what your ideal attendees hope to achieve at your event. This will help select the best intentions for each interest. But choosing them all is never a bad idea!
When your attendees join your event in Brella, they can use the categories you've created to complete their profile and start meeting the right people.
You can add or remove categories and interests at any time, as well as changing the intents.
❗Note: Main categories aren't shown in the attendee profiles, so ensure your interests are self-explanatory.
For example, if an attendee selects 'Content marketing' from the 'Marketing' category, their profile will show 'Content marketing,' not 'Marketing.'
Once you've added your matchmaking categories, take a moment to relax. You're well on your way towards giving your attendees an incredible networking experience!
Last updated on February 2021.
Written by Stephanie Campano Valenzuela.
If you didn’t find an answer to your questions, please contact the Support Team here.