Retrieve and deliver the right embed URL to the organizers by following the next steps. We have a few examples to show you how easy it is.
Organizers need your company's materials in the right format so they can set up your booth as fast as possible. Therefore it's imperative to find and share the right embed link to Brella with the organizers.
At Brella, you can embed any material to the virtual booth, both in the carousel and the sidebar integrations sections of the booth, the only requirement for these materials is to be embeddable. This way, these can display properly on Brella.
To see how to:
Find the right embed link to set up the virtual booth
- You can retrieve the embed URL/code from the service providers' site where your content is stored—for example, Google Drive (how-to) or Youtube (how-to).
When you find the embed code for the content, the code looks like the script below:<iframe width="966" height="543" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WOKoMHve3lk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
❗From the code, you only need to copy-paste the highlighted URL:
- Pasting the complete embed code will prevent the content from showing properly on Brella. Therefore, ensure to deliver the first link incrusted on the embed code.
- Once you have put together all the materials you'd like to have in the virtual booth, deliver your content to the organizers so they can set it up for you.
❗These steps are meant to be changed and personalized by the organizers we work with. Please, contact your organizers in case of questions.
Examples of obtaining the embed link for virtual booth content
👉With third-party-related questions such as embedding issues, we recommend turning to the service provider's Help Desk to receive the most up-to-date advice.
- It has to be stored in cloud storage or any video service providers that allow embeddings, such as Vimeo or Youtube, to embed a video in the virtual booth.
- See an example of how to obtain a link for a video stored in Vimeo (below).
- For tips on how to find the embed link from Youtube, go here.
PDF, Slides, etc.
- PDFs or other documents have to be stored first in a cloud platform, such as Google Drive.
- For tips on finding a file's embed URL stored in Google Drive, go here.
- You can either send images in two ways. You can send the image as downloadable (ratio 16:9) or embeddable images. It's up to you which to choose.
- In case you need to send an image as an embeddable, you will need to convert the image stored on your computer to an external URL to do so. See a short video clip to obtain the embed link for an image below and read more detailed instructions on how to do it here.
- Webpages can be embedded in the iFrame of the virtual booths.
- To embed a website, you will only need the page URL, but please note that many websites have embed restrictions.
💡If you need to check whether a document or page is embeddable, you can use iFramely.
Example: Brella's website is checked for embed restrictions on iFramely. It says that is embeddable as it shows us an embed code. If it's not embeddable then you will see a message saying so.
As explained below, you won't need the whole embed script shown here for Brella, but only the below highlighted part for Brella virtual booth:
<div class="iframely-embed"><div class="iframely-responsive" style="height: 140px; padding-bottom: 0;"><a href="https://www.brella.io" data-iframely-url="//cdn.iframe.ly/tP30qCl"></a></div></div><script async src="//cdn.iframe.ly/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
For further exploration, you can also use the underlined scripts to embed the content. For example, if you add the //cdn.iframe.ly/tP30qCl to embed the website with another view. You can test on the event.
Last updated on August 2021.
Written by Nita Kumpu.
If you didn’t find an answer to your questions, please contact the Support Team here.