Detect and resolve technical issues you may encounter when using the breakout rooms.Content
Mic and camera issues
➡️ If you have are experiencing trouble with your mic or your camera, check these instructions.1. Check the camera and mic from the room view and see that the correct mic and camera settings are connected.
2. From the browser settings, check that all the sound and camera settings are activated and allowed for the webpage you are on (next.brella.io).
3. Check your computer settings and that the correct devices are connected to your computer.
The settings are unique for the device you are using, but you can see some tips here:
➡️ If you are experiencing slowness or other connectivity issues, we recommend the following:
- Check your internet connection. An unstable connection can affect the room not working properly. If possible, try switch to using another network for example an Ethernet cable instead of Wi-fi.
- If you are using a VPN on your computer, this might interfere with the connection the breakout room uses. If you are in a safe network, you can test if disabling the VPN could restore your connection. This is only recommended if you know you are in a safe network.
➡️ If you are hosting a breakout room and experience issues with being able to screen share your screen, follow the next instructions:
If you are using a Mac:
- Go to your system preferences
- Navigate to Security & Privacy
- Find 'Screen recording' in the list on the left side of the screen.
- Check that your browser is ticked on the listing on the right side of the screen.
2. If you are using Windows as an operating system
Windows do not require permissions for screen sharing. If you are experiencing issues with the screen sharing and you are using Windows, contact us here and our support will look into it with you.
❓ If your issue persists after checking these steps, please contact our customer support here: Contact us
Last updated on February 2021.
Written by Nita Kumpu.
If you didn’t find an answer to your questions, please contact the Support Team here.