Learn how to suggest a meeting, and what your options are when receiving a meeting request at a glance. Then, test your virtual meeting before it starts.The Brella meetings are the same for in-person, virtual, and hybrid events. Let's start! 🚀
- How do Brella's meetings work?
- Test and prepare for the Brella Virtual Meetings
If your meeting has been accepted, your Brella virtual meeting room will be created, and you will have the chance to test it before the meeting occurs.
- Find your meetings on the Schedule.
- Understand the Meeting Statuses in Brella
❗Remember to act on your meeting requests. Leaving meeting requests as pending is not recommended as it blocks time slots for other attendees and may lower your Brella matchmaking score.
1. How do Brella's meetings work?
If you are a new Brella user or super Brella user, learn how to suggest a meeting. Many attendees have made relevant connections at Brella so far; expand your network to make relevant relationships for your business, your team, or your personal development. 💪
Although these meetings are designed for 1:1 meetings, a Brella virtual meeting room can host up to 4 people. Details on how to invite colleagues to a meeting can be found below.
Suggest a meeting:
- Go to the ‘People’ tab from the left navigation. That’s where you’ll see your best matches
- Click on ‘Suggest Meeting’ on the contact. The profile of this person will open with his/her availability to network during the event. On the right side, you can see your time and your match’s local time to ensure the time is suitable for both of you.
- When you select a time, you’ll be shown a text box before sending out the request. Think of this like a homebuyer’s letter. It’s your chance to personalize your message and increase your odds of your request being accepted.
- After sending the meeting request, your match can either accept, reject or cancel the meeting. You can find your personal chat and Brella’s meeting room on the upper side of Brella (message icon).
- This time slot will be occupied until the match reacts (accepts or declines) to your request.
2. Test and prepare for a Brella Meeting
- If your meeting gets accepted, congrats! 🙌 The virtual meeting room will open in the Chat details. To test and prepare your device for the Brella meetings can be found here.
- If you wish to invite people, learn how to do it by following the steps in this article.
- Once your meeting is accepted you will receive a notification 5 minutes before the meeting.
⭐ Learn how to make the most of Brella!
Find your meetings on the Schedule
- Go to the event's schedule.
- On the right side, in the filters section, select the Meetings filter and find all the meeting requests and their status on one page.
2. Understand the Meeting Statuses
At Brella, a meeting can be accepted, reschedule, or canceled. Some people forget to react to meeting requests too when inviting people for meetings, so ensure to know what you can do in each situation.
If your meeting request is ACCEPTED
Your meeting has been accepted, great! 🙌 A Brella meeting room will open in the chat with that person. To start the call, both participants have to click on the video icon.
❗There is no warning that the other end is calling but, you will receive a notification 5 mins before the meeting.
👉If you're attending a virtual event, you'll find the meeting time and location in the chat and from the event schedule. To start the meeting, you need to click on the video icon! See how virtual meetings work here.
👉If you are attending an in-person/hybrid event, you'll most likely see a table number located in the Networking Area in the venue. However, if all the tables are full, please set up your own meeting location with your partner in the venue or use the Brella virtual room located in your chat.
👉Some events won't have dedicated meeting times or tables, but don't worry. Talk with your partner to choose a time and place to meet yourselves.
👉 You'll receive notifications 5 mins before an accepted meeting is about to happen. Remember to enable the notifications! Check here how to do it.
If your meeting request is RESCHEDULED
Don't worry! Your meeting has been rescheduled - that means your match still wants to meet you but at a different time.
👉 You can chat with the person now. So you two can arrange a better meeting time, and you can reschedule a meeting as many times as needed.
❗Please note: If you reschedule right after sending a meeting request, the chat will not be open, as your match still needs to accept or decline the request.
If your meeting request is CANCELED WITH CHAT OPEN/CHAT CLOSED
If your meeting request is canceled, it's fine; more room for relevant meetings!
👉Usually, meetings are canceled as your match was too busy to meet you. Be sure to check if the chat is open, as they may still want to chat and connect in the future. The chat will also keep open after the event.
Sometimes, unfortunately, meeting requests aren't relevant, and they are declined. But think of it as a new opportunity to use this time slot to suggest a meeting to the right person.
👉 If you are the one who is declining the meeting, you will have to choose either to "Keep the chat open" or "Close the chat." We'd recommend keeping the chat open as you may still be interested in contacting that person afterward.
If your meeting request is PENDING
If a meeting status is pending, that means the meeting is not confirmed yet, either by you or the other party. There is also no meeting location set yet.
👉Please do not leave any meeting requests you receive as pending. By accepting or declining, you allow others to either plan their agenda or book a new meeting.
❗Leaving many pending meeting requests may lower your Brella matchmaking score.
💡 Tip! You’ll be notified of all meeting status changes by email and push notifications.
Last updated on March 2021.
Written by Stephanie Campano Valenzuela.
If you didn’t find an answer to your questions, please contact the Support Team here.