Changing the email address of your Brella account is easy. Let us tell you how!
- Changing Email for Brella Account
- Changing Email for Social Media Authentication
- Common Issues While Changing Your Email
To Change Your Email for the Brella Account:
- Go to next.brella.io and log in to your account.
- Go to your Account Settings (right top corner), enter your new email address on the email field, and select Verify email. ❌ Do not close this (Account Settings) tab!
- After clicking on Verify email, Brella sends you a confirmation email to the new email. Confirm the change by clicking the link/button in the email. ✅
- Go back to your Account Settings tab on Brella. For security reasons, Brella will ask you to confirm the new email on the old email, if no actions are taken, the change will happen automatically in 72 hrs. If you want the change immediately...
- You can bypass and proceed immediately by opening the email inbox of your previous email address to confirm the changes. Once decided, click on Approve.
- And you're done!
If you have issues when changing email, click here.
If you've created your account through social media authentication (LinkedIn, Google, Facebook, or Apple) and changed your email address from Brella's Account Settings, ➡️ You're no longer able to use social media authentication to access your account. Instead, just type in your email address in the email field and log in with email authentication. 👏
Changing Email for Social Media Authentication
🍎 Changing the Email Address for your Apple Account
To change the email address for your Apple account for Brella, you'll have to change the email attached to your Apple ID. You can find more information here: Change your Apple ID
🔗 Changing the Email Address for your LinkedIn Account
To change the email address for your LinkedIn account for Brella, you'll have to change the email attached to your LinkedIn account. You can find more information here: Manage Your Email Address
🔵 Changing the Email Address for your Facebook Account
To change the email address for your Facebook account for Brella, you'll have to change the email attached to your Facebook account. You can find more information here: How to Change the Email Address Associated With Your Facebook Account
🖥 Changing the Email Address for your Google Account
To change the email address for your Google account for Brella, you'll have to change the Gmail attached. You can find more information here: Change the Email Address for your Account
📊 Changing the Email Address for your Microsoft Account
To change the email address for your Microsoft account for Brella, you'll have to change the Microsoft email attached. You can find more information here: Change the Email Address or Phone Number for Your Microsoft Account
Common issues while changing your email
If you followed the steps aforementioned, you should have changed your email successfully. Now there are a few errors that can come up unexpectedly but can be resolved immediately. Let's go through them:
- After changing the email address, you might receive an error “Oh no, that record or page doesn’t exist”.
- Don't worry, it's just an error from the system. To overcome it, please close the page and open a new one and go back to next.brella.io and log in with your new email.
- If you change your email address to a new one that's already linked to a Brella account, it will ask you to go to the old email address and once you confirm, will show you an error that this email address is already linked to another account. That's fine, but it will also log you out from the current account and log you into the new account.
- If this happens, close the tab and retry to enter the app with the new email.
- If the issue persists after closing the tab, cancel the change by clicking Cancel, and retry changing the email again.
- If you change your account to an email address unlinked to a Brella account, it will block you for a few minutes from entering it only if you don't confirm the change from the old email.
- To fix that, click Cancel and restart the change again.
- We recommend doing the change on the computer (desktop) and not from the mobile app.
Last updated in May 2022.
Written by Sophia DiPaola
If you didn't find an answer to your questions, please get in touch with the Support Team here.