Learn how to change the email address associated with your Brella account.
To be covered:
Changing email for Brella account
- Go to next.brella.io and log in to your account.
- Go to your Account Settings (top right corner), enter your new email address in the field, and select Verify email. ❌ Do not close this (Account Settings) tab!
- After clicking on Verify email, Brella sends you a confirmation email to the new email. Confirm the change by clicking the link/button in the email. ✅
- Go back to your Account Settings tab on Brella. For security reasons, Brella will ask you to confirm the new email on the old email. If no actions are taken, the change will happen automatically in 72 hrs. If you want the change immediately...
- You can bypass and proceed immediately by opening the email inbox of your previous email address to confirm the changes. Once decided, click on Approve.
- You're done!
Changing email for Social Media
🍎 Changing email for Apple
To change the email address for your Apple account for Brella, you'll have to change the email attached to your Apple ID. Read more here: Change your Apple ID
🔗 Changing email for LinkedIn
To change the email address for your LinkedIn account for Brella, you'll have to change the email attached to your LinkedIn account. Read more here: Manage Your Email Address
🔵 Changing email for Facebook
To change the email address for your Facebook account for Brella, you'll have to change the email attached to your Facebook account. Read more here: How to Change the Email Address Associated With Your Facebook Account
🖥 Changing email for Google
To change the email address for your Google account for Brella, you'll have to change the Gmail attached. Read more here: Change the Email Address for your account
📊 Changing email for Microsoft
To change the email address for your Microsoft account for Brella, you'll have to change the Microsoft email attached. Read more here: Change the Email Address or Phone Number for Your Microsoft Account
A few errors can come up unexpectedly when changing your email but can be resolved quickly.
- After changing the email address, you might receive an error "Oh no, that record or page doesn't exist."
- Don't worry. It's just an error from the system. To overcome it, please close the page, open a new one, go back to next.brella.io and log in with your new email.
- If you change your email address to a new one that's already linked to a Brella account, it will ask you to go to the old email address. Once you confirm, it will show you an error that this email address is already linked to another account. It will also log you out from the current account and log you into the new account.
- If this happens, close the tab and retry to enter the app with the new email.
- If the issue persists after closing the tab, cancel the change by clicking Cancel, and retry changing the email again.
- If you change your account to an email address unlinked to a Brella account, it will block you for a few minutes from entering it only if you don't confirm the change from the old email.
- To fix that, click Cancel and restart the change again.
- We recommend changing it on a computer and not from the mobile app.
💡Note: If you've created your account through social media authentication (LinkedIn, Google, Facebook, or Apple) and changed your email address from Brella's Account Settings, ➡️ You're no longer able to use social media authentication to access your account. Instead, type in your email address in the email field and log in with email authentication. 👏
Last updated in July 2022.
Written by Sophia DiPaola
Please get in touch with the Support Team here if you didn't find an answer to your questions.