User Groups will allow organizers to assign Attendees, Speakers, and Sponsors to a specific Group with a defined attendance type and a set of content & networking access rules.
- What are Groups?
- How to use Groups for virtual, in-person, and hybrid events?
- Default Groups per event format
- Creating Custom Groups
What are Groups? 👥
Your event is unique, and the ticket structure too. Your event tickets have specific characteristics and give limited access to areas of the event, which makes a part of each attendee experience.
Brella introduces User Groups that allow event organizers to group the attendees and have event statistics based on those groups.
What are Groups? – Groups allow Event Organizers to assign attendees, speakers and sponsors to a specific group with a defined attendance type and *a set of rules*.
How to use Groups for Virtual, In-person, and Hybrid events?
The Event Type defines the set of default groups and available settings for attendees at your event. You can select your event type on the Details tab by selecting Virtual, In-person, or Hybrid.
👉 After choosing an event format, you will see default groups created for all attendees in the People tab ➡️Groups. See below what the default groups are per event format and how to create a new custom group.
Default Groups per event type 🎫
Default groups will be generated once you have selected an event type (Virtual, In-person, or Hybrid) in the Details tab. These will be the primary groups to collect participants in the Admin Panel in Brella.
❗Default groups cannot de deleted.
👥Virtual and In-Person events will have two default groups:
This is a default group for all sponsor representatives. Attendees that have been added as representatives of a sponsor booth will be automatically assigned to this group.
💡When participants start joining your event, these will be assigned to the Attendees default group.
❗Members (participants) will be moved to Attendees, and Sponsor representatives will be moved to Sponsors in a Virtual and In-person type when deleting a custom group.
👥Hybrid events will have six default groups:
- Attendees (Virtual)
- Attendees (In-Person)
- Attendees (Hybrid)
- Sponsors (Virtual)
- Sponsors (In-Person)
- Sponsors (Hybrid)
💡When participants start joining your event, these will be assigned to the Attendees (Virtual) default group.
❗Members (participants) will be moved to Attendees (Virtual), and Sponsor representatives will be moved to Sponsors (Virtual) in a hybrid event type when deleting a custom group.
Creating Custom Groups 🎫
Besides having the aforementioned default groups, you can create custom groups and rename them as they best fit your event type. For example, you can rename them as:
- Attendees (VIP)
- Others +
Find the steps on how to create a custom group HERE.
☝️Attendees can attend an event in Brella either virtually or onsite, depending on your event format. Consider that when creating custom groups.
- ❗The event type cannot be changed automatically once the event has been built. Your event settings will change based on the event format you selected. If you need to change the event type, please contact us, and see details of Groups behavior when changing the event type.
- ❗Default groups cannot be deleted.
- ❗When custom groups are deleted, assigned members will be moved to the Attendee & Sponsor default groups for In-person and Virtual events. Participants will be moved to Attendees (virtual). At the same time, Sponsor Representatives linked to a virtual booth are moved to Sponsors (virtual) in a hybrid event type when deleting a custom group.
- ❗When attendees are removed from a group, attendees will be moved to the Attendees default group for In-person and Virtual events, and for hybrid events, they will be moved to Attendees (virtual).
- ❗When sponsor representatives are removed from a group, they will be moved to the Sponsor default groups for In-person and Virtual events, and for hybrid events, they will be moved to Sponsors (virtual) if they are linked to a sponsor booth.
- ❗When using the Invites, all participants will be assigned to the default group: Attendees. Once you import the list, you can start assigning participants one by one.
Last updated on September 2021.
Written by Stephanie Campano Valenzuela.
If you didn’t find an answer to your questions, please get in touch with the Support Team here.