Learn how to upload an event agenda rather than updating them individually on the Brella app.
To be covered
We understand that setting up your event agenda can be time-consuming when you have to add them individually to the app. As event organizers already have a sketch of their agenda on a word or excel document, Brella supports uploading the agenda. With a little tweak to update these existing agendas to the supported format, event organizers can quickly and easily upload the whole agenda through an csv file.
Import your event agenda
1. Create the following table in Google Sheets or Excel.
You can also edit your existing schedule file to match the headings listed below. To successfully import the schedule, format the table as shown below. 👇
- Id and external_id: Leave these columns empty, as they are needed for technical purposes only.
- Start_time: Add the date as "yyyy-mm-dd" and time "hh:mm:ss". This will be the start date and time of your time slot, whether it's a meeting slot or a content slot. Ensure that the date(s) of the timeslots match the date(s) of your event in the Admin Panel.
- Duration: The duration of the timeslot in minutes.
- Reservable: Put "FALSE" or "TRUE" to determine meeting slots and content slots. Write FALSE for content slots and TRUE for meeting slots.
❗Note that you should enter "FALSE" or "TRUE" without any additional spaces before or after the word. Otherwise, it will automatically be considered as a networking slot when uploading.
- Title: write the title of your content slots. Note that meeting slots don't have any titles.
- Subtitle: write the subtitle of your content slots. Note that meeting slots don't have any subtitles. Also, note that the maximum character limit is 255 characters.
- Location: write the location you want to add to your content slots. Note that you can only add one location. Example: Main Stage.
- Content: write what your content slots will be about.
- Tags: write all the tags you want to add to your content slots. You can add as many tags as you like. Use a semicolon ";" to separate multiple tags. If you're creating a multitrack agenda, you can tag sessions as Track A, Track B, and so on, then rename them in the editor if you wish.
2. Save the file as a .csv
3. To upload it to your event.
Navigate to the admin panel - Schedule > Settings > click on 'Import csv.'
Your schedule will be uploaded to the platform! Tags, locations, and timeslots you created in the .csv file will also be added to your event.
Export your event agenda
Navigate to the admin panel - schedule - settings - click on "Export .csv"
You will get an email with the exported list to the registered email.
Checklist before importing your schedule
There are some common errors we found when importing a schedule to Brella - Let's review!
- Double-check that you have all the information correct. Do not import it again without carefully checking what went wrong, as you will create duplicates. In the image below, we give you some potential reasons why the file couldn't be imported successfully.
- Ensure the "id" and "external_id" columns are empty if this is your first upload for the event. ❗If you are editing the file only, do not remove the codes! And visit this page*.
- Check the dates match with the event's date in the admin panel (Schedule tab). The dates should be within the duration of the event.
- The start time format should be "yyyy-mm-dd" and time "hh:mm:ss". If it is not like that, Brella will not accept it.
🔑TRUE is for meeting slots, and FALSE is for content slots. IF you put a FALSE in a meeting slot, this meeting slot will be created as a content slot and vice-versa.
🔑 The content column should contain session descriptions. However, ensure the content column for meeting slots should also be empty!
At last, check whether the data was saved correctly in the file. You can do so by opening the .csv file in Text Edit or a similar program and making sure that the information presented here is formatted the same way as in the screenshot below. If needed, make any necessary edits.In-Text Edit, the file should look like this:
⚡Note: Images cannot be imported or exported from your schedule. To add speaker photos and hyperlinks, please use the schedule editor button to update them.
Last updated - July 2022.
Written by Natasha Santiago.
If you didn't find an answer to your questions, please get in touch with the Support Team here.