Attendees can network through virtual rooms and chat messages on the event platform. Once a meeting is accepted, attendees can open the video call button and access the room instantly.
- What Is a Virtual Attendee?
- Networking Setup for a Virtual Event
- How To Suggest a Meeting As a Virtual Attendee?
- How Do Attendees Join The Virtual Room?
Virtual meetings are enabled only for virtual and hybrid events in Brella.
What is a virtual attendee?
A virtual attendee is a participant whose attendance type is virtual or online which allows them to access the event platform on the web or mobile app. Regarding networking possibilities, this type of attendees can meet with other attendees through the the virtual room (video call).
This type of attendance is only enabled when setting up your event as a virtual or hybrid on the Details page of your event.
Networking setup for a virtual event
- For attendees to network smoothly, ensure to enable Networking at your event successfully. Read more on this article: Three steps to enable Networking.
- Add instructions on how attendees will network at your event on the invitation email and website networking page (optional), including the steps on how to 1:1 meetings work at your event.
Virtual attendees can interact with the event content, virtual booths, among other components, through the event platform (next.brella.io). Likewise, they can network with other people through video calls only due to their attendance type.
Networking in Brella consists of requesting/scheduling 1:1 meetings, sending messages with any other participants at the event.
Read everything about 1:1 meetings here: Master the Brella 1:1 Meetings - Guide.
How to suggest a meeting as a virtual attendee?
- Go to the event platform (next.brella.io or mobile app) and log in to your account to suggest a meeting.
- Then, go to your Messages and open the conversation with the person you're supposed to meet soon.
- Next, check the time zone this attendee has and whether the meeting you are suggesting is at a good time for your match.
🎯 Once a meeting is accepted, a virtual attendee will only get virtual meeting details.
- Details of meeting. Meeting status, time, and date.
- Other actions. "Reschedule" and "Cancel meeting."
- A door to the virtual room- the video icon 🎥. Once clicked, a video call will start without alerting the other person that the call has begun. When it's time to meet, both attendees can write before joining the virtual room.
Last updated in December 2021.
Written by Stephanie Campano Valenzuela.
If you didn't find an answer to your questions, get in touch with the Support Team here.