You can now import sponsor's profiles and booths with a few clicks. Edit multiple profiles at once by exporting a csv file from the admin panel.
You can import your sponsor's profiles and booths with a csv file. Follow the instructions below to learn how to do it. If you come across any pitfalls, let us know or review the limitations.
- Importing Sponsors profiles and booths for the first time (Video tutorial)
- Exporting sponsors profiles and booth information
- Adding or updating new sponsors with a csv file
- List of import errors and how to resolve them
In a nutshell:
- Create Sponsorship categories.
- Export the sponsor template.
- Add/Edit all required columns and keep the format intact:
- For the sponsor profile: Name, Category, Subtitle, Category, Enable chat, Website - only URL - optional, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Content (Description) and Logo following the steps in Importing Sponsors.
- For the booth: Media Type: (Carousel and/or Sidebar), Media Title: (Carousel name and Sidebar name), Media URL: (embedded URL). Only public links are accepted.
- Logos have to be uploaded manually through the Sponsors tab.
- Once ready, import the file by going to Settings and click Import sponsor csv.
You can create sponsor profiles and booths by importing a CSV file to Brella.
To import a list, follow the next steps:
- Go to the Admin Panel.
- Navigate to Sponsors > go to Categories.
❗Before importing the list of sponsors, you need to create sponsorships categories so these are aligned with the existing category names.❗
- Once the categories are created, go to Settings and click on Import Sponsors.
- Then, download the template by clicking on "sponsors_template.csv." OR
Click here to download the template. It's imperative that you use the same format otherwise Brella will not accept it.
- The template looks like the image below, and you can start filling in all the columns with company information as follows:
Name - company name - mandatory ❗
- Category - industry - optional
- Subtitle - no longer than 75 letters - optional
- Category - mandatory❗
*The Category field will try to match with the existing Sponsor Category in the admin panel. If the category doesn't exist, a new category will be created. If no category is provided, an 'uncategorized' category will be created, and the sponsor will be added under the category.
- Enable chat - Yes or No (value) - optional
- Website - only URL - optional
- Facebook - only URL - optional
- Twitter - only URL - optional
- Linkedin - only URL - optional
- Content (Description) - optional
*Doesn't include images.
- Logo - optional
*Manually - If you want to upload the logo, you can do following these steps.
- Media type - Carousel or/and sidebar
- Media title - Carousel name or/and sidebar name (only embedded URL)
- Media URL - Carousel URL or/and sidebar URL (only embedded URL)
❗Booth links have to be public links that don't need a password or a private network.
This video shows how to import sponsors' profiles, booths and how to add logos.
Export sponsors profiles
Likewise, the Sponsor's list and basic content can be exported into a CSV. The data is in a compatible format to be imported back. This export conserves the rich text formatting in the Description field.
To export the sponsor's list, you need to:
- Go to the Admin panel.
- Navigate to Sponsors > Settings and click on Export Sponsors.
- Then, click on "Export .zip at Export Sponsors".
- You are ready!
Adding new sponsors with a .csv file
- To add new sponsors, go to the Admin Panel.
- Navigate to the event, and go to the Sponsors tab.
- Go to your event and download the existing sponsor list,
- Then add the missing sponsors (leaving the ID column untouched),
- Import the CSV file, go to Settings and click on Import Sponsors.
- Done. Refresh your page if requested!
List of import errors and how to solve them
When you import a sponsor list and receive a Brella email and a red alert message on the green cloud icon (right top side).
It is a sign that the file was not imported successfully or there was an error in the file that you need to pay attention to, so the data you imported is correct.Before moving to the examples,
✔️ Ensure the Category column is filled out.
✔️The csv files imported to Brella are separated by commas (,) if you are using Excel, the system usually separates columns by a semi-colon (;). Please ensure to double-check you are using commas.
💡Case in point 1: Carousel and sidebar columns
- Unknown content refers to the Media title row 3 is empty. This field should always have a value or title.
- Sponsor for this media item was not saved refers to the URL not being safe and not having https://*
To give you visual details, you can see the image below.
💡Case in point 2: Ilegal quoting
- Malformed CSV: Illegal quoting in line 10. The Error is in line 10 of the spreadsheet. So you need to go back to the csv file on Excel or Google Sheets and check line 10. A link could be wrong or there is a line separated with a semicolon (;).
You can check whether the data was saved correctly in the file. You can do so by opening the .csv file in Text Edit or a similar program and making sure that the information presented here is formatted the same way as in the screenshot below. If needed, make any necessary edits.
In-Text Edit, the file should look like this:
To add images and other digital content to the booth:
- If you are importing images, ensure the images are stored in a file storage service (i.e, Google Drive or Brella), especially for the logo, carousel, and sidebar sections. The URL/link has to be a public link that doesn't need a password or a private network.
- If you are importing web pages, pdfs, slides, brochures, etc. These have to be embeddable and also be stored in a file storage service.
- If you are importing websites, you simply need to add the website link.
- ☝️Traffic analytics: Sidebar integrations and Attendee mobile activity are not included in the traffic analytics report yet. It's coming soon.
Last updated on September 2021.
Written by Stephanie Campano Valenzuela.
If you didn’t find an answer to your questions, please contact the Support Team here.