You can create invites via the file import by using the provided template below.Content
- Template - csv format
- Import csv file to generate unique join codes
- Export csv file to send out join codes to your attendees
❗Note: Once importing the attendee list to generate invites, it's not possible to remove existing invites all at once but manually.
Template - csv format
- To upload a list of invites in the Admin Panel (manager.brella.io), you need to use the template shown below (you can also download the template here.)
- Fill the template after reading what each category means and what needs to be filled in and not for the import.
- ID - an ID of each invite you create in the Admin Panel. You can find the ID by exporting the invites list - each invite will then have an ID. If you want to upload a list and create new invites, leave this column empty. If you want to update the previously uploaded invites, use the corresponding IDs.
- External ID works like a customizable ID. You can use this column to have your own IDs (for example, in your CRM). This way, you can always use External IDs - Brella IDs will be created, but you can ignore them since it will be possible to identify each invite by the external ID.
The External ID & ID columns work; similarly, the only difference is that with the Brella ID, you have to automatically use the ID given to an invite in the Admin Panel, whereas with the External ID, you can use whatever ID you want. If you want to use Brella IDs, leave the External ID column blank. If you want to use External IDs, leave Brella IDs blank.
- Email - email of an attendee. Only for internal use, this will not affect a user's profile. *mandatory field.
- First name - the first name of an attendee. Only for internal use, this will not affect a user's profile.
- Last name - last name of an attendee. Only for internal use, this will not affect a user's profile.
- Company - a company of an attendee. Only for internal use, this will not affect a user's profile.
- Title - the title of an attendee. Only for internal use, this will not affect a user's profile.
- Join URL - The unique join URL of this invite. Leave this empty for the new invites.
- Join Code - The unique join code of this invite. Leave this empty for the new invites.
- Seats - the number of seats you want to allocate for this invite (for this unique join code). *mandatory field.
- Seats in use - how many seats were already used. Leave this empty for the new invites.
- Seats used by - who used the seats. Leave this empty for the new invites.
- Group ID - this code is to assign attendees to their respective Groups.
- Once the file is ready, save it as a CSV file.
Import csv file to generate unique join codes
You can create unique join codes for attendees to join the event by following the next steps:
- Go to the Admin Panel.
- Then navigate to the People tab, click on Invites sub-tab.
- Now click on "Invites Import (.csv)."
- And download the csv template by clicking on brella_uniquejoin-link_template and fill it in as needed. Ensure to have all the mandatory fields that are email, seats, and group_id.
- After uploading the file, successfully, refresh your page and ensure that all attendees have at least 1 seat (in the Seats used column) and should look like the image below.
❗If you received an error while importing the file, please review the file format in this article.
👀 If the join codes don't have at least 1 seat to be used, attendees cannot join the event. They will receive a message saying the code is invalid.
Export csv file to send out join codes to all attendees
- After importing the attendee list successfully, now you can export the generated unique join codes by exporting the file. Click on Invites export (.csv).
- Open the list in a spreadsheet, and modify it to distribute all join codes with your email marketing software.
- Once a unique join code is used, you'll see what email they used to sign in to Brella.
After creating your first group of invites (unique join codes), you can still generate new ones for new registered or last-minute registrants. For that, you need to consider a few things; we show you here how to generate new invites for a new group.
🚨 It is NOT POSSIBLE to send emails with the unique join code details through Brella. They must be sent manually or through your email marketing software.
Last updated on October 2021.
Written by Stephanie Campano Valenzuela.
If you didn’t find an answer to your questions, please contact the Support Team here.