Allow participants to connect with one another through the chat. Some attendees want to network without setting up a meeting. You can enable this option per event in the Details tab.
Setting up a meeting can be too formal for some. Therefore, the possibility to chat without committing to a meeting can be an excellent opportunity for your audience to increase attendee engagement during the event.
☝️Please note that the Open chat is automatically turned ON once your event is created. Toggle it off it on the Details tab if unrequired.
💬 Enabling the open chat at your event can help to:
- Lower the barrier among attendees to network and interact with one another.
- Help Sponsors establish connections and identify if an attendee is a lead before requesting a meeting, resulting in fewer meeting requests being declined or ignored.
Enable/Disable Open Chat:
- Navigate to the Details tab in the admin panel.
- Scroll down to the Networking section.
- Toggle on/off the Enable open chat.
- When enabled, it will show on the attendee's profile in the People tab.
- When disabled, it will be removed from the event.
See how attendees will interact with the Open Chat
Once the open chat feature is on, the chat button will appear on each attendee's profile card.
💡Note: The Open chat feature is designed in a way that prevents spamming. Notifications of new chat messages go out only for the first message until the respondent replies.
👉Go to Chat without suggesting a meeting for step-by-step guidance.
💡Attendees can always set up face-to-face or virtual meetings from the open chat window, increasing the number of meetings.
Last updated on October 2021.
Written by Nita Kumpu.
If you didn't find an answer to your questions, please contact the Support Team here.