Getting Started with Brella
For Event Organizers
Tips for Organizers
Event Data & Reports
Groups: Creating Custom Groups
When using Groups, you can create custom groups to fit your event audience and event format.
How to create Groups:
- Go to the Admin Panel, and select the event you want to edit.
- Navigate to the People tab.
- Click on Groups, then Add Group.
Depending on the type of the event, you will be prompted to either enter the name of a new group or name and/or select an attendance type. Upon creation, groups have no members.
- Then a new window will open. First, you need to choose a Group name and the Attendance type depending on your event format.
- For a Hybrid event, you will have to select a Group name and Attendance Type: Virtual, In-person, or Hybrid.
- For In-person and Virtual events. You only need to choose a Group name.
☝️ After creating a Group, it will be assigned a Group ID which is the key to add or remove a set of rules for this specific Group. For example, if the group "One-day Access Attendees" is NOT allowed to watch Stream Workshops, you can control their access by removing the Group ID from the Stream tab. See detailed steps here.
👍 Learn more about Groups, visit this article.
Last updated on October 2021.
Written by Stephanie Campano Valenzuela.
If you didn’t find an answer to your questions, please get in touch with the Support Team here.