On the Schedule tab, you can add meeting and content slots. Add topic and locations tags to these to help attendees find what they're looking for at your event.
Activating your schedule
Go to the admin panel (manager.brella.io), select Schedule from the menu bar. When prompted to activate the schedule, choose Activate schedule.
You can find the options to modify the Schedule features under Settings. In this section, you can export/import the schedule in a csv file, enable/disable chat for all content slots (sessions), and enable/disable table (only for in-person & hybrid events).
This article will cover how to create a schedule within the Admin Panel, but we have also created an article on how to import a schedule by using a CSV file.
👉Note: If you haven't added any speakers to Brella yet, we recommend returning and adding them before creating your schedule.
Adding content slots
Let's start by adding content slots. Content slots are cards to add your keynotes, panels, sessions, workshops, etc. To create the first one, go to Schedule, click +New content slot in the top right corner.
Add all the basic information for your content session, such as:
- Give a title and a subtitle to the session.
- Stream link: Click here for instructions on adding virtual content to Brella.
- Set start & end times
- Location and tags: Click here for additional tips on using tags and locations in virtual events.
- Speakers: Select which speakers should be linked to this content slot. Click here for instructions on how to add speakers to Brella.
- Content description, here you can add photos and hyperlinks.
Once you're done, select Save & Create new (content) slot to continue creating slots, or Save & Create to return to the schedule overview.
⭐Tip: If you have added a stream link to your content session, you can learn more about the sessions' analytics!
Adding meeting slots
Having pre-defined meeting slots at your virtual event makes it easier for attendees to schedule meetings with each other during these specified times. These meeting slots are dedicated networking times that setup within the schedule. When the attendees find someone they want to network with within the Brella app, they will suggest a meeting time based on these time slots.
👉Note: Remember to enable meeting slots under the Details tab. If you have not enabled meeting slots in the Details tab, attendees will be encouraged to decide on a custom meeting time through the app's chat function. Read more here.
It is up to you to decide how many networking slots will be available to the attendees. We recommend having networking slots available for virtual events throughout the event, as attendees might join the event from different time zones.
To create meeting slots:
- Start by clicking 'New meeting slot' in the top right corner.
- Choose the start time of the meetings slot.
- Set the duration of one meeting slot. The most common networking meeting lengths are 15 minutes. If you're unsure how long or short, they should be, that's a great start.
- Choose buffer time between meeting slots for the attendees to prepare for the next meeting if wanted.
- Decide how many similar slots you want to create repetitively.
- Location/tags: We recommend having either a tag or location that indicates where the meeting will take place. Click here for additional tips on using tags and locations in virtual events.
- The Preview gives an overview of the slots you are creating, which you can check before saving.
- Remember to save with 'Save & Create.'
👉Note: You need to create just 1 meeting slot for multiple users (attendees) to network at that specific time slot. Every single meeting slot is visible for every attendee. The only time users won't be able to network during a specific slot and with a specific attendee would be when someone from those 2 parties doesn't have any availability.
Congrats! Your schedule is now ready for your attendees to use.
⭐Tip: When creating the schedule, you can always check how your schedule is looking to your attendees at next.brella.io!