Increase attendee engagement by enabling a live chat on the Stream page.
Live chat allows attendees to send messages and connect with other people through the stream tab. They can ask questions regarding topics presented, keynote highlights, and share their own ideas. Live chat is located on the right-side panel for your attendees.
❗ If you find attendees struggling with the chat being offline, they might need to do some changes to their security firewall software, details can be found here.
To enable the chat on a stream:
- Go to the Admin panel and click on Streams.
- Choose the stream you want to enable the chat for. If you have not added any streams yet, learn how to do it here.
- Select the grey button 'Enable Stream chat' to toggle live chat on.
- Select 'Save changes'.
Now the stream has a live chat! You can find it from the Stream tab of your event. Attendees can comment and chat with each other during the stream and ask questions from Speakers (although there may be a delay from when the attendee asks a question and when they watch the speaker answering it).
Managing Chats + Limitations
Chats can be managed by all admins in Brella. They will be able to do it from their own Brella accounts. No need to access through the admin panel!
🌟Tip: Assign a control team to supervise that the chats are good, positive, and appropriate!
- When can I enable live chats?
You can enable live chats for virtual booths at any time. For example, you can enable a live chat 1 week before the event or the same day; that is up to you.
- How can I filter the messages in the chat?
You can't filter them, but you will always see the first last 100 messages created in the chat.
⚡️Note: Chat messages are not recorded or downloaded from the admin panel. But you can always see the last 100 messages.
- How to delete an inappropriate message?
1. Click on the three dots under the message (...), and click delete.
2. Then, a pop-up message will show and you need to click Delete.
- Is the Chat available on mobile?
Yes! You can also chat through the mobile app. You can download it from the Apple Store or Play Store.
💻 Web app
Last updated on September 2021.
Written by Stephanie Campano Valenzuela.
If you didn’t find an answer to your questions, please contact the Support Team here.