All materials (video, PDF, image, website, etc.) added to the virtual booths must be in an embeddable form to show correctly in Brella.
You can place different content in the carousel section and sidebar section of the virtual booths.
In order to insert content, it is imperative to find the right embed link to Brella, as you can experience troubles with the content showing if the link is incorrect.
Below, you can find suggestions to find the correct embed links to build the booths.
- General steps: How to find the correct embed link of the item you want to add to the booth?
- Examples of how to obtain the embed link per content type (Video, PDF, Image, Website)
The only requirement to place live streams or video content in Brella is that the content must be embeddable to be shown in the iFrame. To share this embeddable content with your attendees, you need the correct embed link.
❓What is an iFrame?
An iFrame is an element of a website HTML structure that allows embeddable content to be shown alongside other website content.
How to Find the Correct Embed Link of the Item You Want to Add to the Booth?
- You can find the embedding URLs from the service providers' site where your content is stored.
- We have created a couple of excellent articles on extracting the embed code for files stored in Google Drive and Youtube, but the best place to find the most up-to-date information is always on the service provider's knowledge base. For example: How to embed a Google Drive video, pdf, presentation, image, etc.?
- When you find the embed code for your content, it usually looks something like this:
- <iframe width="966" height="543" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WOKoMHve3lk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- From this code, you will only need the bolded part for Brella, the embed link. ❗Pasting the complete embed code will prevent your content from showing properly on Brella.
- Place the link to the booth and see how it looks from the attendee's view.
Examples of Obtaining the Embed Link per Content-Type
👉Note: We recommend turning to the service provider's Help Desk to receive the most up-to-date advice with third-party-related questions such as embedding issues.
Your video for the virtual booth can be stored in cloud storage or video service providers like Vimeo or Youtube.
- For tips on how to find the embed link from Youtube, go here.
- Here is an example from where to obtain a link for a video that is stored in Vimeo:
PDF or other documents are best to first store in a cloud platform, such as Google Drive, from which the embedding is easy to do and find the embed link.
Go here for tips on finding the embed link for a file stored in Google Drive.
You can upload or add embedded images to the virtual booth if you want. However, you will need to convert the picture stored on your computer to an external URL to do so.
You can see a short video clip on obtaining the embed link for an image below and reading more detailed instructions on doing it here.
Webpages can be embedded in the iFrame on the virtual booths. It can either be added to the carousel or sidebar section; however, consider the user experience when adding it to the booth.You will only need the page URL to embed a website, but please note that many websites have embed restrictions.
Below you can find an example where Brella's website is checked for embed restrictions in iframely.
As explained below, you won't need the whole embed script shown here for Brella, but only the below highlighted part for Brella virtual booth:
<div class="iframely-embed"><div class="iframely-responsive" style="height: 140px; padding-bottom: 0;"><a href="https://www.brella.io" data-iframely-url="//cdn.iframe.ly/tP30qCl"></a></div></div><script async src="//cdn.iframe.ly/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
💡Tip! If you need to embed a document or page, you can use iframely.
⚡ Note: Such links/hyperlinks must follow the below structure:
Last updated in January 2022.
Written by Stephanie Campano Valenzuela.
If you didn’t find an answer to your questions, please contact the Support Team here.